Study of a Stripper Header for Grain Harvesting as a Vibrating System
Vladimir Yu. Savin
Introduction. Grain losses caused by stripping defects are the main problem to be solved in designing a stripper header. To reduce these losses, a design of a stripper header with a vibration drive is proposed. This device combines the processes of stripping grain crops and the vibration effect of the stripping fingers upon the ears of plants. The most important stage of the mathematical description of these processes is composing the differential equation of the stripping fingers motion.
Materials and Methods. A computational-graphic diagram of an oscillatory system with one degree of freedom is proposed. To compose the differential equation of the stripping fingers motion, a method based on the application of the Lagrange equation was used. The oscillations of the system under studying arise from the motion of a point in the system according to a given law. The problem of kinematic excitation is reduced to the problem of force perturbation. This stage of the study was carried out without taking into account the resistance forces.
Results. An equation for motion of stripping fingers making vibrational reciprocating movements is obtained. It is proposed to select the elastic element in the design scheme and consider a more general case of the stripping fingers movement. In this case, the movement of the stripping fingers is considered to be difficult. A characteristic feature of the mathematical description is the presence of a generalized force of potential forces. The differential equation of motion of a comb in the presence of an elastic element and the solution of this equation are composed.
Discussion and Conclusion. Forced oscillations of a system without resistance, excited by a harmonic disturbing force, are harmonic oscillations with constant amplitude. On close values of the angular frequency of vibration of the drive output link and the root of the ratio of the stiffness coefficient of the elastic element to the stripping fingers mass, the case of resonance takes place. The system parameters must be selected so as to avoid this negative phenomenon.
Keywords: oscillating system, grain harvesting, vibration drive, stripping device, stripping cylinder, stripping fingers
Conflict of interest: The author declares no conflict of interest.
For citation: Savin V.Yu. Study of a Stripper Header for Grain Harvesting as a Vibrating System. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2021; 31(3):403-413. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.031.202103.403-413
The author has read and approved the final manuscript.
Received 06.02.2021; approved after reviewing 10.03.2021;
accepted for publication 20.03.2021
1. Aldoshin N.V., Mosyakov M.A. Improving the Design of a Combing Device for Harvesting Leguminous Crops. Vestnik FGOU VPO “Moskovskiy gosudarstvennyiy agroinzhenernyiy universitet imeni V.P. Goryachkina” = Goryachkin Moscow State Agroengineering University Bulletin. 2018; (2):23-27. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.26897/1728-7936-2018-2-23-27
2. Kovliagin F.V., Maslov G.G. Harvesting of Grain Crops by Combing. Mekhanizatsiya i elektrifikatsiya selskogo khozyaystva = Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture. 1991; (8):5-6. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26520095 (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ.)
3. Savin V.Yu., Gorbachov I.V. Grain Cleaning Devices. Selskiy Mekhanizator = Rural Mechanic. 2019; (3):8-10. Available at: http://selmech.msk.ru/319.html#_Очесывающие_устройства_для (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
4. Fu J., Chen Z., Han L., Ren L. Review of Grain Threshing Theory and Technology. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. 2018; 11(3):12-20. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi. org/10.25165/j.ijabe.20181103.3432
5. Zhalnin E.V. Cleaning with a Comb on the Roots: Pros and Cons. Selskiy Mechanizator = Country Mechanic. 2013; (8):10-12. Available at: http://selmech.msk.ru/813.html#_Уборка_с_очесом (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
6. Savin V.Yu. Determination of Composition of Thrashed Heap at Harvesting Wheat Using the Trail-Type Rippler. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta = Voronezh State Agrarian University Bulletin. 2016; (4):96-99. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.17238/issn2071-2243.2016.4.96
7. Savin V.Yu. Combing Device. Patent 2,726,110 Russian Federation. 2020 July 09. Available at: https://yandex.ru/patents/doc/RU2726110C1_20200709 (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
8. Zhalnin E.V., Tabashnikov A.T., Anisimov V.A., et al. [Comparative Evaluation of Stripping Adapters of Various Designs]. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy byulleten Vserossiyskogo nauchno-issledovatelskogo instituta mekhanizatsii selskogo khozyaystva = Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the All-Russian Research Institute of Agricultural Mechanization. 1992; (83):21-24. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25438516 (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ.)
9. Shabanov P.A., Shokarev A.N., Golubev I.K., et al. [Harvesting Crops by Combing Method]. Tekhnika v selskom khozyaystve = Machinery in Agriculture. 1985; (8):12. (In Russ.)
10. Deryabin A.A., Proskura D.Y., Fedorova A.I., Ugryumova S.D. Design Features of Vibration Transportation and Technological Machines. Nauchnye trudy Dalrybvtuza = Scientific Proceedings of the Far Eastern Fisheries Higher Technical Educational Institution. 2014; 32:117-121. Available at: https://nauch-tr.dalrybvtuz.ru/images/Issues/32/32_16.pdf (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
11. Shurlakov M.A., Batashov S.I. Conducting Research in the Field of Creating New Friction Materials. Vnedrenie sovremennykh konstruktsiy i peredovykh tekhnologiy v putevoe khozyaystvo = Introduction of Modern Designs and Advanced Technologies in Track Facilities. 2019; (14):115-122. Available at: https://elib.pstu.ru/vufind/EdsRecord/edselr,edselr.38558378 (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
12. Przybylowicz M., Sysyn М., Kovalchuk V., et al. Experimental and Theoretical Evaluation of Side Tamping Method for Ballasted Railway Track Maintenance. Transport Problems. 2020; 15(3):93-106. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.21307/tp-2020-036
13. Maslov N.A. Modernization of the Satellite’s Drive of Duomatic 09-32 CSM and PMA-1 Liner-Tamper-Surfacers. Vestnik Sibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta putey soobshcheniya = Bulletin of the Siberian State University of Railways. 2017; (1):57-65. Available at: https://elib.pstu.ru/EdsRecord/edselr,edselr.28351862 (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
14. Dudarev А.S., Dobrinsky А.G. Efficiency of Vibration Drilling Polymer Composite Materials. Vestnik Permskogo natsionalnogo issledovatelskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Mashinostroenie, materialovedenie = Bulletin PNRPU. Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science. 2019; (4):42-48. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.15593/2224-9877/2019.4.05
15. Alkhalefah H. Precise Drilling of Holes in Alumina Ceramic (Al2O3) by Rotary Ultrasonic Drilling and Its Parameter Optimization Using MOGA-II. Materials. 2020; 13(5). (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ma13051059
16. Savin V.Yu. Determination of the Force Required for Stripping the Wheat Ear. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2019; 29(3):456-466. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.029.201903.456-466
17. Lipovsky M.I. Justification of Rational Two-Phase Threshing of Grain Crops. Tekhnologii i tekhnicheskie sredstva mekhanizirovannogo proizvodstva produktsii rastenievodstva i zhivotnovodstva = Technologies, Machines and Equipment for Mechanized Crop and Livestock Production. 2004; (76):25-38. Available at: https://clck.ru/Wdv3W (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
18. Khoang K.L., Dorokhov A.F. Kinematics and Dynamics of Conrod-Free Mechanisms of Transformation of Motion. Vestnik Astrakhanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya: Morskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya = Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series: Marine Engineering and Technologies. 2015; (3):79-87. Available at: https://clck.ru/WdvCq (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
19. Popov I.P. Dissipative, Reactive and Full Capacity of Machine Vibric Drives. Vestnik Vologodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Tekhnicheskie nauki = Bulletin of the Vologda State University. Series: Technical Sciences. 2019; (3):72-74. Available at: https://vestnik.vogu35.ru/docs/2019/tekhnich/3/72.pdf (accessed 04.02.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.