Knowledge Modeling in Troubleshooting
Valeriy P. Dimitrov
Lyudmila V. Borisova
Kaprel L. Hubiyan
Introduction. The article describes the approach to solving the problem of complex technical system troubleshooting based on expert knowledge modeling. Intelligent information systems are widely used to solve the problems of diagnostics of multilevel systems including combine harvesters. The formal description of the subject domain knowledge is the framework for building the knowledge base of these systems. The sequence of creating an expert system knowledge base in accordance with production rules is considered.
Materials and Methods. The approach is founded on the fault function table. As the object of diagnostics, one of the subsystems of the combine harvester electric equipment “opening the hopper roof flaps” is considered. The basis for constructing a sequence of elementary checks is a system of logical equations describing both the serviceable and possible faulty states of the subsystem.
Results. A structural logic model is developed. As a result of analyzing the fault function table, the sets of elementary checks are determined. Four criteria have been used to analyze the weight of these checks. The authors have determined optimal sequence of checks and have developed a decision tree, which allows finding the cause of the malfunction and is the basis for creating the knowledge base of an intelligent information system. A fragment of the knowledge base is given.
Discussion and Conclusion. The proposed approach of expert knowledge modelling increases the efficiency of the unit for troubleshooting of the intelligent decision support system. It makes possible to structure the base of expertise and establishing the optimal sequence of elementary checks. This allows determining the optimal sequence of application of the knowledge base production rule that makes it possible to reduce the time of restoring the serviceability of combines.
Keywords: intelligent information system, decision making, combine harvester, fault diagnostics, production rules, knowledge base
Conflict of interest: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
For citation: Dimitrov V.P., Borisova L.V., Hubiyan K.L. Knowledge Modeling in Troubleshooting. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2021; 31(3):364-379. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.031.202103.364-379
Contribution of the authors:
V. P. Dimitrov – subject area analysis, knowledge modeling.
L. V. Borisova – development of the knowledge formalization scheme and the structural-logical scheme of the electrical equipment subsystem.
K. L. Hubiyan – developing a table of fault functions, constructing a decision tree, obtaining the results of an illustrative example, formulating knowledge base rules.
All authors have read and approved the final manuscript.
Received 15.03.2021; approved after reviewing 25.04.2021;
accepted for publication 14.05.2021
1. Borisova L.V., Nurutdinova I.N., Dimitrov V.P., et al. Selecting a Strategy for Determining the Combine Harvester Parameter Settings. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2020; 30(1):60-75. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.030.202001.060-075
2. Rogovskii I., Titova L., Novitskii A., Rebenko V. Research of Vibroacoustic Diagnostics of Fuel System of Engines of Combine Harvesters. In: Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “Engineering for Rural Development” (22-24 May 2019). Jelgava; 2019. Pp. 291-298. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.22616/ERDev2019.18.N451
3. Rogovskii I.L., Liubarets B.S., Voinash S.A., et al. Research of Diagnostic of Combine Harvesters at Levels of Hierarchical Structure of Systems and Units of Hydraulic System. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2020; 1679. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1679/4/042038
4. Dunaev A.V., Kazakova V.A., Shinkevich V.A. Relevance of Standards on Servicing and Repair of Agricultural Machinery. Standarty i kachestvo = Standarts and Quality. 2018; (1):36-38. Available at: https://ria-stk.ru/stq/adetail.php?ID=165761 (accessed 12.03.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
5. Liang Z., Li Y., Xu L. Grain Sieve Loss Fuzzy Control System in Rice Combine Harvesters. Applied Sciences. 2019; 9(1). (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/app9010114
6. Titova L.L., Chernik Yu.M., Gumenyuk Yu.O., Korobko M.M. Research of Daubechies Wavelet Spectrum of Vibroacoustic Signals for Diagnostic of Diesel Engines of Combine Harvesters. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2020; 548(3). (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/548/3/032030
7. Chen J., Xu K., Wang Y.F., et al. Blockage Fault Diagnosis Method of Combine Harvester Based on BPNN and DS Evidence Theory. In: Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Electronics and Information Engineering (23 January 2017). Nanjing; 2017. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi. org/10.1117/12.2265524
8. Jotautiene E., Juostas A., Janulevicius A., Aboltins A. Evaluation of Bearing Reliability of Combine Harvester Straw Chopper. In: Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “Engineering for Rural Development” (22-24 May 2019). Jelgava; 2019. Pp. 625-629. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.22616/ERDev2019.18.N332
9. Chebotaryev M.I., Tarasenko B.F., Shapiro E.A. Expert Method of Factor Analysis of Operational Reliability of Combine Harvesters. Nauchnyy zhurnal KubGAU = Scientific Journal of KubSAU. 2018; (136):71-86. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.21515/1990-4665-136-006
10. Gumelev V.Yu. Optimization of Search of Malfunctions Vehicle Electric Equipments. Issledovaniya v oblasti estestvennykh nauk = Researches in Science. 2014; (4). Available at: http://science.snauka.ru/2014/04/6722 (accessed 12.03.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
11. Afonichev D.N., Aksenov I.I. Increasing the Efficiency of Using Technical Diagnostic Systems in Agriculture. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta = Voronezh State Agrarian University Bulletin. 2015; (4):109-114. Available at: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24986080 (accessed 12.03.2021). (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
12. Chenbo X., Guangyou Y., Lang L., et al. Operation Faults Monitoring of Combine Harvester Based on SDAE-BP[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering. 2020; 36(17):46-53. (In Chin., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.11975/j.issn.1002-6819.2020.17.006
13. Omid M., Lashgari M., Mobli H., et al. Design of Fuzzy Logic Control System Incorporating Human Expert Knowledge for Combine Harvester. Expert Systems with Applications. 2010; 37(10):7080-7085. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2010.03.010
14. Grischenko M.A., Dorodnykh N.O., Korshunov S.A., Yurin A.Yu. Ontology-Based Development of Diagnostic Intelligent Systems. Ontologiya proektirovaniya = Ontology of Designing. 2018; 8(2):265-284. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.18287/2223-9537-2018-8-2-265-284
15. Chen J., Wu P., Xu K. Remote Fault Information Acquisition and Diagnosis System of the Combine Harvester Based on LabVIEW. Applied Mechanics, Mechatronics and Intelligent Systems. 2016; Pp. 285-292. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/9789814733878_0041
16.Sun D., Chen D., Wang S., Wang X. Development on Electrical System Performance Test Stand for Combine Harvester. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018; 51(17):363-367. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.08.195
17. Wang P., Tian M., Wang H., et al. Electrical Modification and Experimental Study of Combine Harvester Reaping Unit. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2020; 790. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/790/1/012168
18. Khan A.U., Ali Y. Аnalytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) and Analytic Network Process Methods and Their Applications: A Twenty Year Review from 2000–2019. International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process. 2020; 12(3). (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.13033/ijahp.v12i3.822
19. Ryabov S.Yu. The Intelligent Approach to Automation of Technological and Production Processes. Programmnye produkty i sistemy = Software & Systems. 2021; (1):106-113. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.15827/0236-235X.133.106-113
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.