Assessment of Technical Condition of C Series Power Hydraulic Cylinders of Mounted Hydraulic Systems of Tractors
Sergey A. Velichko
Pavel V. Chumakov
Alexander V. Kolomeychenko,
Introduction. The existing methods of assessing the technical condition of power hydraulic cylinders do not allow one to conclude about the need to restore worn surfaces of parts. The data on limit values of wear of parts (wear and tear value at which a decision is made to repair) in technical requirements to overhaul and other technical documentation of hydraulic cylinders are not currently available. The aim of the study is to determine limit values of wear of working surfaces of hydraulic cylinder parts of C series.
Materials and Methods.To assess the technical condition of hydraulic cylinders used, the authors developed a device on the basis of the stand KI-28097M-GOSNITI, equipped with an independent hydraulic station and load hydraulic cylinder, at which bench tests were carried out in the operation of С series hydraulic cylinders to determine overall efficiency values.
Results. Results of bench and micrometer tests of the former hydraulic cylinders of the С series (С75/30, С90/30, С100/40) are presented. The regression model of the relationship between total efficiency of C series hydraulic cylinders (С75/30, С90/30, С100/40) and wear of working surfaces of parts was obtained. According to this regression model obtained using the method of steep ascent, limit values of wear of the working surfaces of C series hydraulic cylinder parts (С75/30, С90/30, С100/40) were determined.
Discussion and Conclusion. 19,5 % of hydraulic cylinders of С series (С75/30, С90/30, С100/40) were operated in an out-of-limit condition. In case of technical service companies carrying out the input control of to-be-repaired hydraulic cylinders, limit values of wear for hydraulic cylinder surfaces, determined by the method of steep ascent, allow for making proper decisions on the need of their restoration.
Keywords: hydraulic cylinder, efficiency factor, technical condition, micrometer, wear
Funding: The publication was prepared with the financial support of the Ministry of Education of Russia, State Assignment: Competency Development, Project No. 11.3416.2017/4.6: Development of Technologies and Means of Enhancing Durability of Parts, Components, Assemblies of Machinery and Equipment by Creating Nanostructured Coatings by Concentrated Energy Sources.
For citation: Velichko S.A., Chumakov P.V., Kolomeychenko A.V. Assessment of Technical Condition of C Series Power Hydraulic Cylinders of Mounted Hydraulic Systems of Tractors. Inzhenerernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2019; 29(3):396-413. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.029.201903.396-413
Contribution of the authors: S. A. Velichko – scientific guidance, formulation of the research problem, statistical data processing, obtaining a regression model of the overall efficiency of hydraulic cylinders with wear of the working surfaces of the parts, defense of the doctoral thesis with scientific results presented in this article; P. V. Chumakov – analysis of literary data, development of techniques, experimental studies; A. V. Kolomeychenko – accumulation of statistical data, analysis of the regression model and finalization the text.
All authors has read and approved the final manuscript.
Received 18.03.2019; revised 10.05.2019; published online 30.09.2019
1. Velichko S.A. Prediction of the Average Life of Hydraulic Cylinders Repaired with the Restoration of Parts by the Electric Spark Method. Trudy GOSNITI = Works of GOSNITI. 2015; 120:114-121. Available at: http://www.gosniti.ru/forms/t120.doc (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
2. Velichko S.A., Senin P.V., Chumakov P.V. Ways of Increase of Overhaul Life of Power Cylinders. Remont, vosstanovlenie, modernizatsiya = Repair, Reconditioning, Modernization. 2015; (4):36-41. Available at: http://www.nait.ru/journals/number.php?p_number_id=2229 (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
3. Vodakov V.N., Chumakov P.V., Velichko S.A., et al. Kinematic Analysis of the Causes of Failures of Power Cylinders Automotive Engineering. Trudy GOSNITI = Works of GOSNITI. 2017; 128:47-54. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29871178 (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
4. Lin L., Yixiang H., Jianfeng T., et al. Featured Temporal Segmentation Method and AdaBoost- BP Detector for Internal Leakage Evaluation of a Hydraulic Cylinder. Measurement. 2018; 130:279-289. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2018.08.029
5. Cristescu C., Radoi R., Dumitrescu C., Dumitrescu L. Experimental Research on Energy Losses Through Friction in Order to Increase Lifetime of Hydrauliccylinders. Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Tribology. 2017; 174. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/174/1/012011
6. Burumkulov F.Kh., Velichko S.A., Ivanov V.I., et al. Nanoelectro-Technologies for Increasing the Overhaul Life of Aggregates of the Machinery and Tractor Fleet of Agriculture. Trudy GOSNITI = Works of GOSNITI. 2007; 99:85-94. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28834809 (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
7. Ivanov V.I., Solovev S.A., Velichko S.A., Ignatkov D.A. Analysis of Electric Pulsed Processes in Electrospark Treatment of Metallic Surfaces in a Gas Medium. Welding International. 2017; 31(4):312-319. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/09507116.2016.1257244
8. Burumkulov F.Kh., Senin P.V., Velichko S.A., et al. The Properties of Nanocomposite Coatings Formed on a Steel 20h Surface by Means of Electrospark Processing Using Rod-Shaped Electrodes of Steels 65 G and SV 08. Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry. 2009; 45(6):455-460. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.3103/S1068375509060039 (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Eng.)
9. Burumkulov F.Kh., Ivanov V.I., Velichko S.A., et al. Resource-Sparing on the Base of Increasing Product Operating Time Between Repairs. Technika v selskom hozyaystve = Machinery in Agriculture. 2008; (5):19-23. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11704166 (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
10. Burumkulov F.Kh., Velichko S.A., Chumakov P.V. Resource Conservation through Improved Turnaround Practices of Power Cylinders. Trudy GOSNITI = Works of GOSNITI. 2012; 109(1):110-114. Available at: http://www.gosniti.ru/documents/articles/69.pdf (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
11. Velichko S.A., Senin P.V., Ivanov V.I., et al. Formation of Thick Layer Electro-Spark Coatings for Restoring Worn-Out Parts of Power Hydraulic Cylinders. Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry. 2017; 53(2):116-123. (In Eng.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.3103/S1068375517020119
12. Burumkulov F.Kh., Lyalyakin V.P., Pushkin I.A. Electric-Spark Treatment of Metals – Universal Method of Restoring Worn Parts. Mekhanizatsiya i elektrifikatsiya selskogo khozyaystva = Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture. 2001; (4):23-28. Available at: http://foliant.ru/catalog/psulibr?BOOK_ UP +00087B+0DF291+-1+-1 (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
13. Kobzov D.Y., Usova S.V. Rapid Diagnosis of Bearing Capacity of Hydraulic Machines. Sovremennie tehnologii. Systemnii analyz. Modelirovanie = Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling. 2009; (3):174-179. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/ekspress-diagnostika-nesuschey-sposobnosti- gidrotsilindrov-mashin (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Russ.)
14. Kobzov D., Kobzova I., Lkhanag D. Hydrocylinder Diagnostic Parameters. Systemi. Methodi. Tehnologii = Systems. Methods. Technology. 2009; (3):19-23. Available at: https://brstu.ru/static/unit/ journal_smt/docs/number3/19-23.pdf (accessed 20.05.2019). (In Eng.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.