Investigation of Grain Movement Parameters in the Liquid of the Device for Removing Ergot
Vasily A. Sysuev
Viktor Е. Saitov
Vyacheslav G. Farafonov
Aleksey V. Saitov
Introduction.When harvesting grain crops, various trash and harmful impurities come to the combine bunker together with grains. These harmful impurities include egot sclerotia, which are poisonous. Various modern grain cleaning machines do not provide for complete separation of ergot sclerotia from grains, because of the closeness of their linear dimensions (width, thickness and length) and speed of soaring. Cleaning seeds from ergot sclerotia having the density less than density of grain, is possible in an aqueous solution of salt. For the mechanization of the allocation of sclerotium ergot from rye seeds by a wet method, the urgent issue is the development of a device for cleaning grain material.
Materials and Methods.The immersion of separately taken rye grains in water (ρzh = 1,0 ∙ 103 kg/m3) and aqueous solutions of sodium chloride (NaCl) with density ρzh = 1,09 ∙ 103 kg/m3 and 1,15 ∙ 103 kg/m3. The ellipsoid is taken as the geometric model of the grains. Theoretical studies were performed for the grain density ρz from 1,2 ∙ 103 kg/m3 to 1,5 ∙ 103 kg/m3, lengths lz from 5,0 ∙ 10–3 m to 10,0 ∙ 10–3 m, width b from 1,4 ∙ 10–3 m to 3,6 ∙ 10–3 m, and thickness δ from 1,2 ∙ 10–3 m to 3,5 ∙ 10–3 m based on the methods of mathematical modelling using the laws of hydrodynamics. For practical experiments, there was chosen the gains of the winter rye variety Falenskaya 4 having the gain density ρz from 1,1 ∙ 103 kg/m3 to 1,3 ∙ 103 kg/m3, length lz from 5,0 ∙ 10–3 m to 8,0 ∙ 10–3 m, width b from 1,4 ∙ 10–3 m to 3,6 ∙ 10–3 m, and thickness δ from 1,2 ∙ 10–3 m to 3,5 ∙ 10–3 m.
Results. The speed ʋz and duration tп of grain immersion in liquids are main parameters taken into account when developing a machine for cleaning the grain material from ergot sclerotia with a wet method. The values of these quantities determine the structural and technological parameters of the machine under developing. To determine these parameters, it is necessary to take into account the geometric shapes of the grains, which have a large variety. An ellipsoid with a small 2cz = δ, an average 2bz = b and a large 2az = lz axes is proposed as the closest to the shape of the grain. From the basic law of the dynamics of the grain movement in liquids of various densities ρzh a formula was obtained for determining its velocity, the calculated values for which are consistent with the experimental data obtained.
Discussion and Conclusion. It is established that the calculated values of the speed of grain immersion in liquids of different density are comparable with the experimental values of the same order. They are close and differ by no more than 10 %. This approach to determining the speed of grain immersion in a liquid can be used in developing a machine for cleaning a grain material with the wet method to substantiate its structural and technological parameters.
Keywords: grain cleaning, wet method of cleaning grains, ellipsoidal caryopsis, aqueous solution of salt, speed of grain immersion in liquid
For citation: Sysuev V.A., Saitov V.E., Farafonov V.G., Saitov A.V. Investigation of Grain Movement Parameters in the Liquid of the Device for Removing Ergot. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2019; 29(2):248-264. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.029.201902.248-264
Contribution of the authors:: V. A. Sysuev – scientific leadership, the formulation of the basic concept of the study; V. E. Saitov – the conduction of the study critical analysis, preparation of the initial text and conclusions; V. G. Farafonov – the theoretical studies of grain immersion in liquid and the completion of the text; A. V. Saitov – the analysis of literature data and experimental work.
All authors have read and approved the final version of the paper.
Received 05.02.2019; revised 10.04.2019; published online 28.06.2019
1. Saitov A.V. Innovations in post-harvest handling of grain material. Saarbrucken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publ.; 2012. (In Russ.)
2. Shchekleina L.M., Sheshegova T.K. The problem of ergot grains (Claviceps purpurea (Fr.) Tul.): past and present (review). Teoreticheskaya i prikladnaya ekologiya = Theoretical and Applied Ecology. 2013; 1:5-12. (In Russ.)
3. Sheshegova T.K., Shchekleina L.M. Some ways and means of ergot protection of winter rye. Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK = Achievements of Science and Technology of AIC. 2014; 3:47-50. (In Russ.)
4. Sheshegova T.K., Shchekleina L.M. The dependence of the harmfulness of ergot on the biometric indicators of sclerotia. Zashchita i karantin rasteniy = Plant Protection and Quarantine. 2017; 11:9-12 (In Russ.)
5. Khaziev A.Z., Ponomareva M.L. [Damage from ergot on winter rye and measures for preventing]. Vestnik Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta = Vestnik of Kazan State Agrarian University. 2007; 2(2):80-82. (In Russ.)
6. Ponomareva M.L., Ponomarev S.N., Mannapova G.S., Gilmullina L.F. Increasing spread of Claviceps purpurea (Fr). Tul. and it’s effect on the quantity and quality of winter rye. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2016; 7(3):1865-1871.
7. Astanakulov K.D., Karimov Y.Z., Fozilov G. Design of a grain cleaning machine for small farms. AMA, Agricultural Mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America. 2011; 42(4):37-40.p>
8. Savinyh P., Sychugov Y., Kazakov V., Ivanovs S. Development and theoretical studies of grain cleaning machine for fractional technology of flattening forage grain. In: Proceedings of 17th International Scientific Conference Engineering for Rural Development Engineering for Rural Development. 2018. p. 124-130.
9. Saitov V.E., Kurbanov R.F., Suvorov A.N. Assessing the adequacy of mathematical models of light impurity fractionation in sedimentary chambers of grain cleaning machines. Procedia Engineering. 2016; 150:107-110.
10. Gievsky A.M., Orobinsky V.I., Tarasenko A.P., Chernyshov A.V., Kurilov D.O. Substantiation of basic scheme of grain cleaning machine for preparation of agricultural crops seeds. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2018; 327:042035.
11. Drincha V.M., Borisenko I.B. Application and functionality of pneumatic sorting tables. Nauchno-agronomicheskiy zhurnal = Scientific and Agronomical Journal. 2008; 2:33-36. (In Russ.)
12. Shaforostov V.D. Priporov I.E. Quality indicators of work of the photoseparator on fractional technologies at division of sunflower seed. Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatelskiy zhurnal = International Research Journal. 2015; 1(3):23-25. (In Russ.)
13. Saitov A.V. Features of the operation of photoseparators for cleaning grain and seeds from impurities. In: Methods and Technologies in Plant Breeding and Crop Production. Kirov: Agricultural Research Institute of the North-East Publ.; 2016. p. 352-355. (In Russ.)
14. Sysuev V.A., Saitov V.E., Farafonov V.G., Saitov A.V. Statistical evaluation of value interval of grain specific weight of winter rye Falenskaya 4 and ergot sclerotia. Uspekhi sovremennogo yestestvoznaniya = Advances in Current Natural Sciences. 2017; 10:48-53. (In Russ.)
15. Sysuev V.A., Saitov V.E., Farafonov V.G., Suvorov A.N., Saitov A.V. Theoretical background of calculation of the parameters of the device for grain cleaning from ergot sclerotia. Russian Agricultural Sciences. 2017; 43(3):273-276.
16. Sysuev V.A., Saitov V.E., Savinykh P.A., Saitov A.V., inventors. Federal Agricultural Research Center of the North-East named N. V. Rudnitsky, assignee. Machine for separating ergot from rye seeds. Ru Patent 2616037. 2017 Apr 12. (In Russ.)
17. Sysuev V.A., Saitov V.E., Gataullin R.G., Saitov A.V., Utkina E.I., Sheshegova T.K., inventors. Federal Agricultural Research Center of the North-East named N. V. Rudnitsky, assignee. Machine for separating ergot from rye seeds. Ru Patent 2667066. 2018 Sep 18. (In Russ.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.