The Principles for Determining Recycling Fee on Decommissioned Equipment
Vladimir I. Ignatov
Aleksey S. Dorokhov
Valeriy S. Gerasimov
Viatcheslav A. Denisov
Introduction.The article presents the results of the research, whose purpose was to determine the optimal value of the recycling fee for decommissioned self-propelled machinery. A review of the studies on the management of production and consumption waste in the leading countries and Russia, allowed us to analyze solutions to this problem and models of economic support for disposal systems of decommissioned equipment. There is no method of determining the optimal recycling fee in Russia so far.
Materials and Methods.Methods, algorithm and computer programs were developed to solve this problem. The necessary information was obtained by the course of the survey conducted in 12 regions of Russia among agricultural enterprises using agricultural machinery and equipment of specialized production, and from tests at agricultural enterprises using this technology; the methods of the said information are shown. The paper gives a list of parameters that ensure the development of the algorithm and computer programs that were used to determine the optimal recycling fee.
Results. The developed method of determination, algorithm and computer programs allowed determining the optimal recycling fee to create a system of recycling self-propelled technology. It is shown that as the system for recycling decommissioned equipment develops, this value will decrease. The results of the study were used in preparing a Russian Government Regulation.
Discussion and Conclusion. The results of the study showed that the recycling fee affects the competitiveness of self-propelled equipment. Both positive and negative sides of increasing the introduced in Russia recycling fee for vehicles are considered. It is proved that it is necessary to create a system of recycling these vehicles, the economic base of which can be fully provided by the recycling fee introduced in Russia.
Keywords: waste disposal, recycling fee, decommissioned machinery, recycling system, agricultural machinery recycling system
For citation: Ignatov V.I., Dorokhov A.S., Gerasimov V.S., Denisov V.A. The Principles for Determining Recycling Fee on Decommissioned Equipment. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2019; 29(1):124-139. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.029.201901.124-139
Contribution of the authors: V. I. Ignatov – preparation of the initial version of the text; A. S. Dorokhov – methodical part; V. S. Gerasimov – analysis and revision of the text; V. A. Denisov – preparation and analysis of literary data, editing the text.
All authors have read and approved the final version of the paper.
Received 12.10.2018; revised 10.12.2018; published online 29.03.2019
1. Hiratsuka J., Sato N., Yoshida H.J. Current status and future perspectives in end-of-life vehicle recycling in Japan. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management. 2014; 16(1):21-30.
2. Chen M. End-of-life vehicle recycling in China: Now and the future. JOM. 2005; 57(10):20-26.
3. Petrov R.L. [On the world experience in organization of vehicle recycling national systems]. Retsikling otkhodov = Waste Recycling. 2008; 5:2-11. (In Russ.)
4. Trofimenko Yu.V., Vorontsov Yu.M., Trofimenko K.Yu. [Vehicle recycling: A monograph]. Moscow: AKIPRESS, 2011. (In Russ.)
5. Chernoivanov V.I., Gerasimov V.S., Solovyev R.Yu., Buryakov S.A., Rusakov A.N. [Utilization in system of agricultural machinery innovation in agriculture industrial complex]. Moscow: Rosinformagrotech; 2014. (In Russ.)
6. Solovyev S.A., Fedorenko V.F., Ignatov V.I., Gerasimov V.S., Makeev V.A., Golubev I.G. [Recycling of agricultural machinery: problems and solutions]. Moscow: Rosinformagrotekh; 2015. (In Russ.)
7. Ignatov V.I. Formation of equipment disposal system in the agroindustrial complex of Russia as a part of a unified production and consumption waste handling system.Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2017; 12(8):2058-2072.
8. Aldoshin N.V., Ivlev A.A., Leskonog Yu.A., Lylin N.A. [Recycling of equipment in system of agroindustrial complex: a monograph]. Moscow: Triada; 2014. (In Russ.)
9. Aldoshin N. Secondary use of spare parts. AgritechScience. 2015; 9(2):1-10. (In Russ.)
10. Astanin V.K., Pukhov E.V., Stekolnikov Y.A., Emtsev V.V., Golikova O.A. Hardening parts by chrome plating in manufacture and repair. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2018; 327:032008.
11. Astanin V.K. [Polymer monitoring and recycling technology: mathematical aspects: A monograph]. Voronezh: Voronezh State University Publ., 2006. (In Russ.)
12. Gerasimov V.S., Ignatov V.I., Pekhalsky I.A., Makuev V.A., Sirotov A.V. Ecological аspects of self-moving machines utilization. Ekologiya i promyshlennost Rossii = Ecology and Industry of Russia. 2018; 22(4):31-37. (In Russ.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.