The Results of the Experimental Study of Onions Separation Using a Rod Elevator with Asymmetric Installed Burners
Alexey V. Sibirev
Aleksandr G. Aksenov
Maxim A. Mosyakov
Introduction. Existing machines for harvesting root crops and onions do not have efficient indicators describing separation of root crops that leads to incompliance with agrotechnical requirements to harvesting root crops. New methods should be found to increase quality of root crop separation, including the qualitative indicators, and to cut losses.
Materials and Methods.The article describes the design of a laboratory unit for determining qualitative indicators of the seed onion heap separation using a rod elevator with the asymmetric passive elliptical shaker and supporting roller. The authors describe the method and results of laboratory studies to determine qualitative indicators of seed onion heap separation at an experimental rod elevator.
Results. The results of the laboratory study of the rod elevator are cited and qualitative indices of seed onion heap separation are defined. The maximum completeness of separation of the seed onion heap is 98 %, when the forward speed of the web of the rod elevator is vel = 1.55–1.68 m/s, the supply of heap of onion-seeding QB = 19.7–27.1 kg/s and the interaxial distance between the passive elliptical shaker and the supporting roller is within the range of S = 0.29–0.42 m.
Discussion and Conclusion. The use of a rod elevator with the asymmetric elliptical shakers and supporting roller allows increasing the completeness of separation of seed onions by 20 % and to cut the bulb damage by 11 %, compared to symmetrical arrangement of the shakers.
Keywords: experimental rod elevator, heap feed, forward speed, separation quality, onions, losses
For citation: Sibirev A.V., Aksenov A.G., Mosyakov M.A. The Results of the Experimental Study of Onions Separation Using a Rod Elevator with Asymmetric Installed Burners. Inzhenernyye tekhnologii i sistemy = Engineering Technologies and Systems. 2019; 29(1):91-107. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/2658-4123.029.201901.091-107
Acknowledgements: The study was conducted with the state support of young Russian scientists – candidates of sciences MK – 4002.2018.8.
Contribution of the authors: A. V. Sibirev – scientific management, formulation of the basic research concept, preparation of the initial text version and drawing conclusions; A. G. Aksenov – critical analysis of experimental and theoretical studies; M. A. Mosyakov – literary and patent analysis, word processing and text editing.
All authors have read and approved the final version of the paper.
Received 09.01.2018; revised 23.07.2018; published online 29.03.2019
1. Haverkort A.J., Struik P.C. Potato in progress: science meets practice. Wageningen: Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2005.
2. Mayer V., Vejchar D., Pastorková L. Measurement of potato tubers resistance against mechanical loading. Research in Agricultural Engineering. 2008; 54(1):22-31.
3. Dongre A.U., Battase R., Dudhale S., Patil V.R., Chavan D. Development of potato harvesting model. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET). 2017; 4(10):1567-1570.
4. Farhadi R., Sakenian N., Azizi P. Design and construction of rotary potato grader. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science. 2012; 18(2):304-314.
5. Asghar M.T., Ghafoor A., Munir A., Iqbal M., Ahmad M. Design modification and field testing of groundnut digger. Asian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 5(7):389-394.
6. Natenadze N. The design and theoretical justification of a vibratory digger shovel. Mechanization in Agriculture. 2016; 62(1):9-11.
7. Sibiryov A.V., Aksenov A.G., Kolchin N.N., Ponomarev A.G., inventors. Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution “Federal Scientific Agroengineering Center VIM”, assignee. Separating conveyor of the harvesting machine. RU Patent 2638190. 2017 Dec 12. (In Russ.)
8. Sibiryov A.V., Aksenov A.G., Mosyakov M.A. Determining design and technological parameters of the separating rod conveyor with assymetrical shakers. Vestnik Federalnogo gosudarstvennogo obrazovatelnogo uchrezhdeniya vysshego professionalnogo obrazovaniya «Moskovskiy gosudarstvennyy agroinzhenernyy universitet imeni V. P. Goryachkina» = Vestnik of the Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Moscow State Agroengineering University named after V.P. Goryachkin”. 2018; 4:15-20. (In Russ.)
9. Sibirev A.V., Аksenov A.G., Dorokhov A.S. Proximate design of onion harvester separating surface. Selskokhozyaystvennyye mashiny i tekhnologii = Agricultural Machinery and Technologies. 2018; 12(3):28-31. (In Russ.)
10. Laryushin A.M. Qualitative indicators of the digging device of an onion harvesting machine. Traktory i selskokhozyaystvennyye mashiny = Tractors and Agricultural Machines. 2008; 3:46-47. (In Russ.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.