Design of a Dynamometric Module for Studying a Motoblock Share-Moldboard Plow and Its Practical Testing by Using Reverse Engineering
Vladimir F. Kupryashkin
Aleksandr S. Ulanov
Nikolay I. Naumkin
Introduction. Plowing is one of the main operations in the cultivation of crops. It requires significant energy costs and efficient use of soil-cultivating machines, e. g. walking tractor (motoblock) with plow in this case. The analysis of work of the walking tractor shows that the object of the disturbances in plowing is its working body, in this case a plow, which is influenced by normal and shear interaction forces between the plow body and soil (Rx, Ry, Rz) which can be determined by spatial dynamometric disruption of the body. The aim of the study is to develop a dynamometric module and to research share-mouldboard plow of the motoblock using reverse engineering based on 3D scan.
Materials and Methods. According to relevant literature and patent sources it is need to design a simple and functional device for the spatial dynamometrical body of sharemouldboard plow. This devise should allow to identify the forces Rx, Ry and Rz with high accuracy by dynamometrical measurements. We developed the device providing the measurement of all forces Rx, Ry and Rz by dynamometrical measurements. The authors received a certificate for rationalization proposal No. 1173 “Experimental module for dynamometrical measurements of share-mouldboard plow body” (22.01.2018. National Research Mordovia State University).
Results. We designed and manufactured a dynamometric module, defined the geometry of this device, and tested the plow of the motoblock in the laboratory with identification of graphical and approximating dependency power of the interaction of the plow with soil.
Conclusions. Obtained approximating equations allow us to analyze the nature of the change of interaction forces of share-mouldboard plow body of motoblock with the soil and calculate the limits their variation. In addition, the use of the power of approximating dependences allow us to determine the extent of their influence on the stability of the plow and the traction characteristics of the motoblock.
Keywords: soil, motoblock, plow body, stability of motion, dynamometric module, strain gauge sensor, 3D scanner
For citation: Kupryashkin V. F., Ulanov A. S., Naumkin N. I. Design of a Dynamometric Module for Studying a Motoblock Share-Moldboard Plow and Its Practical Testing by Using Reverse Engineering. Vestnik Mordovskogo universiteta = Mordovia University Bulletin. 2018; 3(28):400–415. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/0236-2910.028.201803.400-415
Acknowledgments: The work is supported by grant from the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Project № 18-013-00342).
Author’s contribution: В. V. F. Kupryashkin – the scientific management, formulation of the main concept of a research, preparation of initial version of the text and formation of conclusions, the literary and patent analysis, theoretical justification of a design of the module for dynamometer test; A. S. Ulanov – carrying out laboratory researches of a plow of the motor-block; processing of results of an experiment, computer works, visualization, imposition and editing text; N. I. Naumkin – participation in theoretical researches, critical evaluation of the study and revision of the text.
All authors have read and approved the final version of the paper.
Received 31.05.2018; revised 27.07.2018; published online 20.09.2018
1. Kupryashkin V. F., Kukhmazov K. Z., Glotov S. V., Ulanov A. S. Motoblock with infinitely variable speed regulation. Selskiy mekhanizator = Rural Mechanizer. 2017; 12:22–23. (In Russ.)
2. Gorin G. S., Godzhaev Z. A., Golovach V. M., Kuzmin V. A. Dynamics of machine-tractor aggregates: course stability with asymmetrically attached semi-mounted plow. Selskokhozyaystvennye mashiny i tekhnologii = Agricultural Machines and Technologies. 2017; 5:3–9. (In Russ.)
3. Parkhomenko S. G., Parkhomenko G. F. Measurement of the traction force on the hook of the tractor in an aggregate with a mounted agricultural machine. Traktory i selkhozmashiny = Tractors and Agricultural Machinery. 2016; 4:15–18. (In Russ.)
4. Lobachevsky Y. P., Kolmogortsev V. F., Starovoitov S. I., Hramovskikh K. A. Analysis of the traction resistance of the elements of the cylinder-cylindrical plow hull. Selskokhozyaystvennye mashiny i tekhnologii = Agricultural machines and technologies. 2016; 2:11–15. (In Russ.)
5. Myasishchev D. G. Nezgovorov S. V. Design of motoblocks taking into account the requirements of ergonomics. Traktory i selskokhozyaystvennye mashiny = Tractors and agricultural machines. 1996; 12:20–21 (In Russ.)
6. Kaufman L. C., Totten D. S. Development of an inverting mouldboard plow. // Transactions of the ASAE. 1992: 15(1):55–60.
7. Patent 20090751. Republic of Belarus, MPC G 01 L 5/13. The device for spatial dynamometry of the hulls of the reversible plow. Zakharov A. V., Gorin G. S., Zakharova I. O., Vashchula A. V.; Belarus State Agrarian Technical University. No. U 6200; declared. 11/09/2009; published 30.04.2010, Bul. no 34. (In Russ.)
8. Patent 256398. Russian Federation. Installation for volumetric strain gauging. Myalenko V. I.; declared 26.05.2014, published 27.10.2015. Bul. no. 2015. (In Russ.)
9. Myalenko V. I., Marinov N. A. Spatial dynamometry of the working parts of soil-processing aggregates. Selskokhozyaystvennye mashiny i tekhnologii = Agricultural Machines and Technologies. 2017; 5:22–26 (In Russ.)
10. Kuczewski I.Soil parameters for predicting the draught of model plough bodies. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research. 1981; 26(3):193–201.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.