Optimization of Parameters and Operating Modes of Disc Sowing Device According to Seeding Uniformity Criterion
Vladimir A. Ovchinnikov
Mikhail N. Chatkin
Alena V. Ovchinnikova
Introduction. When cultivating agricultural crops, it is necessary to take into account the plants’ need for moisture, nutrients, location by area of nutrition, determining illumination, etc. Taking into account the biological characteristics of crops, various methods of sowing are used to create favorable conditions for plant growth and development. An important condition for sowing is the uniform arrangement of seeds along the sulcus, especially in the cultivation of testes of small-seeded cultures. A key role in the uniformity of seeding is provided by the design parameters and kinematic operating conditions of the sowing device.
Materials and Methods. To determine the optimal parameters and operating modes of the disk sowing device, methods of factor experiment and multi-criteria optimization were used.
Results. Mathematical models of the technological process of sowing seeds were obtained based of experimental studies.
Conclusions. To ensure the improvement of the seeding quality of small seeds, the design parameters of the experimental seeder: х4 – is the diameter of the cell; х5 – the number of cells on the disk, will tend to the maximum values. The optimum circumferential speed of the sowing disk should be in the range from 0.127 to 0.192 m/s, and the speed of the machine’s movement is no more than 2 m/s.
Keywords: sowing, sowing apparatus, small-seed cultures, uniformity of distribution, parameter, kinematic regime, factor experiment
For citation: Ovchinnikov V. A., Chatkin M. N., Ovchinnikova A. V. Optimization of Parameters and Operating Modes of Disc Sowing Device According to Seeding Uniformity Criterion. Vestnik Mordovskogo universiteta = Mordovia University Bulletin. 2018; 28(3):379–388. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/0236-2910.028.201803.379-388
Authors’ contribution: В. V. A. Ovchinnikov managed the research project, developed the theoretical framework, revised the draft and drew the conclusions; M. N. Chatkin critically analyzed the research results and revised the draft; A. V. Ovchinnikova carried out the research, made word processing, editing, and visualization of the results.
All authors have read and approved the final version of the paper.
Received 01.02.2018, revised 10.04.2018, published online 20.09.2018
1. Ovchinnikov V. A., Chatkin M. N. Seeding alfalfa testes experimental unit. Selskiy mekhanizator = Rural Mechanic. 2013; 12:8–9. (In Russ.)
2. Schwartz A. A., Schwartz S. A. Increasing the efficiency of precision seeding machines for small seeds. Vestnik Kurskoy gosudarstvennoy selskokhozyaystvennoy akademii = Kursk State Agricultural Academy Bulletin. – 2015; 9:104–110. (In Russ.)
3. Firsov A. S., Golubev V. V. Prospects for the development of disc seeding machines. Agrotekhnika i energoobespechenie = Agrotechnics and Power Supply. 2015; 1:18–22. (In Russ.)
4. Kuvaytsev V. N., Laryushin N. P., Shukov A. V. The results of laboratory researches of the sowing unit with cylinders elastodeformed. Niva Povolzhya = Field of Volga Region. 2016; 2:78–81.
5. Schwartz A. A., Schwartz S. A. Improving the quality of sowing and versatility of the machine of exact seeding. Tekhcnika v selskom khozyaystve = Machinery in Agriculture. 2005; 3:43–44. (In Russ.)
6. Ovchinnikov V. A. Influence of the angle of the reflector the degree of filling cells disk sowing apparatus. Vestnik Ulyanovskoy gosudarstvennoy selskokhozyaystvennoy akademii = Ulyanovsk State Agricultural Academy Bulletin. 2014; 4:166–169. (In Russ.)
7. Ovchinnikov V. A., Chatkin M. N., Dranyaev S. B. Disk sowing apparatus for small-seeded crops. Traktory i selkhozmashiny = Tractors and Agricultural Machinery. 2013; 9:10–11. (In Russ.)
8. Ovchinnikov D. A., Ovchinnikov V. A., Chatkin N. M. Disk sowing apparatus for seeding smallseeded crops. Vestnik Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta = Kazan State Agrarian University Bulletin. 2015; 2:75–78.
9. Chatkin M. N., Ovchinnikov V. A. Results of the research of the beet drill SST-12 on the crop of the alfalfas seed plants. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosagrouniversiteta im. N. I. Vavilova = Bulletin of Vavilov Saratov State Agrarian University. 2007; 3:68–69. (In Russ.)
10. Kupryashkin V. F., Naumkin N. I., Kupryashkin V. V. Stability of motion of mobile module of experimental setup in the study of active rotary working of machines for soil treatment. Vestnik Mordovskogo universiteta = Mordovia University Bulletin. 2016; 26(2):246–258. (In Russ.)
11. Kupryashkin V. F., Naumkin N. N., Knyazkov A. S., Kupryashkina V. N., Shlyapnikov M. G., Kupryashkin V. V., Terekhin E. Yu. Justification for parameters of a dynamic stabilizer of the experimental stand mobile unit in studying of active rotational working tools of tiller machines. Vestnik Mordovskogo universiteta = Mordovia University Bulletin. 2017; 27(1):52–66.
12. Kupryashkin, V. F., Naumkin N. I., Firstov A. F., Ulanov A. S. Increase of efficiency of functioning of universal grain seeder SZU-6. Sovremennyye naukoemkie tekhnologii = Modern Science Intensive Technologies. 2013; 8(2):206–211.
13. Ovchinnikov V. A.Results of the study of damage to small seeds from the disk sowing apparatus. Vestnik Mordovskogo universiteta = Mordovia University Bulletin. 2017; 27(2):190–197. (In Russ.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.